Road / Touring
- For riders wanting more speed, to ride longer distances, or a more aerobically “intense” workout.
- Built for pavement riding, increased aerodynamics, and speed.
- Have smoother, narrow tires, “turned-down” handlebars, and (often) skinny saddles
- Road models are usually lighter with a slightly shorter wheelbase length for more nimble, quicker response.
- Touring models have a longer wheelbase, increased road-shock absorbency, and various threaded eyelets for attaching carrying racks and bags.
- Prices usually start above $500.